Prospective Senior High School students who wrote the Basic Education Certificate Examination a few months ago can be able to check their school placement on their phones via online method, starting from Friday, 6th September 2019.
CSSPS SHS Placement Checker Card to Be Available on Friday
The Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) will allow the students to see the schools they have been admitted to and the programme they have been offered.
The CSSPS is a system used by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to place qualified Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates into Senior High School (SHS), Technical Institutes (TI) and Vocational Institutes.
Be careful not to get Scammed
How to check BECE Placement Online on a mobile phone or PC from Friday
In order for you to check your CSSPS placement online, follow the steps below;
- The first step is to ensure you have the placement checker, which we will be selling when it is available.
- Ensure that you have access to a computer that has Internet access.
- Using your computer, visit the CSSPS result checker online portal
- Proceed to enter your BECE index number. It should be 10 digits. And also your year of examination. For example, if your index number is 1234567890 and the year of your examination is 2018, this is what you will input: 123456789018.
- On your checker, you will get a serial number. Enter the serial number found on top the scratch card in the field designated for it.
- Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) that will also be found on the scratch card you had purchased.
- After you are done, you then click submit. Be patient and wait for the results window to pop up. If you are successful, the CSSPS placement checker print form option will appear. Click on print to print out your form.
Why check JHS placement early?
There are several reasons as to why you should try an be the early bird when checking the placement results.
- You get to know early the school you have been posted to This will help you plan ahead. Planning ahead is very important because you may have been placed in a school that is far from your home and you will now have to go early and give them your placement form as you get the requirements for joining the school.
- What if the school you have been placed in is not to your liking or does not offer the course you want? It is important to know early on if the school they have picked for you is the one you want and if it is not, you can start finding alternative options before it is too late.
- What if you feel that they were unfair in the placement late on? This is a very disheartening situation. Checking early will ensure that you are ready for whatever outcome and that you will be able to sort those issues early on.