The steps below will help you to check your placements online and on your phone which is so simple and easy
The details can be checked via a text message. The Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) will allow the students to seeÂ the schoolsÂ they have been admitted to and program offered.
How to Check My Bece Placement Online?
TheÂ CSSPSÂ is a system used by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to place qualified Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates into Senior High School (SHS),Â TechnicalÂ Institutes (TI) andÂ VocationalÂ Institutes.
To receive details of their school placement:Â BECEÂ Candidates canÂ TEXTÂ theirÂ 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBERÂ to short codeÂ 1060Â toÂ CONFIRMÂ schools they chose for this yearâs placement exercise.
For instance, if your index number isÂ 1234567890, textÂ 1234567890Â to short codeÂ 1060Â on all networks.
NOTE: Do not add [SPACE] anywhere, just text theÂ 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBERÂ to theÂ 1060Â short code.
If that does not work each candidate can text their index numbers to the short codeÂ 1060Â followed by the last two (2) digits of the year of completion on the following networksÂ MTN,Â Vodafone,Â Airtel,Â Tigo, andÂ Kasapa.
That is you first textÂ XXXXXXXXXXYYÂ toÂ 1060Â where the âXâ part represents yourÂ 10-DigitÂ Index Number and the âYâ part represents theÂ 2-DigitÂ year of completion.
How to Check BECE Placement on PC
In order for you to check your CSSPS placement online, follow the steps below;
- The first step is to ensure you have the placement checker, which we will be selling when it is available.
- Ensure that you have access to a computer that has Internet access.
- Using your computer, visit the CSSPS result checker onlineÂ portal
- Proceed to enter your BECE index number. It should be 10 digits. And also your year of examination. For example, if your index number is 1234567890 and the year of your examination is 2019, this is what you will input: 123456789019.
- On your checker, you will get a serial number. Enter the serial number found on top the scratch card in the field designated for it.
- Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) that will also be found on the scratch card you had purchased.
- After you are done, you then click submit. Be patient and wait for the results window to pop up. If you are successful, the CSSPS placement checker print form option will appear. Click on print to print out your form.
The process is not, however, completely fault proof.
You might experience some problems when going through with this process.
The most common problem is when you submit your details but the system seems not to recognize your details. So when messages like this pops up âSorry the Index Number, Scratch Card Number/PIN Number does not exist. Please look carefully and retype.
Do not panic you will get the placement form eventually. Try again using the same scratch card. Do not be tempted to buy another scratch card because the fault is not on the scratch card.
Some of the reasons you might be experiencing challenges printing your admission forms include:
- Large number: When a lot of people are checking their results on the website, it slows down. Therefore, you shouldnât panic but just be patient.
- Withheld results: You might also experience challenges if your results were received later than others. If the results are withheld, you can get them later so keep checking until you have them.
CHECK THIS OUT: 2020 Bece Is Scheduled to Start from 8th June to 12th June
How to CheckÂ BECE School Placements Via Mobile Phone
Below are the steps to check your SHSÂ placement.
Let us assume your index number isÂ 9797979797
STEP 1: Go to Messages on your phone and initiate a new SMS/TEXT message.
STEP 2: Type your index number Eg:Â 9797979797Â and send to short codeÂ 1060.
STEP 3: You will receive details of the school placement. (if this does not work, then go to STEP 4.)
STEP 4: Add the last two digits of your year of completion to the index number and send. EG: If you completed in 2019, typeÂ 979797979719Â and send toÂ 1060.
NOTE: Do not add anyÂ [SPACE]Â anywhere. No space before or after. Just text the 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBER to 1060 short code.
Also note that in STEP 4 above, theÂ 9797979797Â is the assumed index number and 15 is the year of completion. Those numbers are just for demonstration purposes.
NOTE: If the first step does not work try this
To access the portal the first thing to do is to get a pin code. Dial *713*24# to get the code on your phone and then log on to the site.â
In entering your index numbers must add 19 (e.gÂ 979797979719), signifying the year of completion, âand then you go through the other instructions by inserting your serial number and pin and then your placement