West African Examination Council, WAEC Statement/Attestation of Result or Certificate Application Guidelines and Requirements for Misplaced, Burnt, Missiong or Lost Original West African Senior Schools Certificates Examination, (WASSCE) Certificates.
The West African Examination Council, WAEC has introduced the Request for Statement/Attestation of Results for individuals who sat for the Senior School Certificate Examinations, SSCE.
The Introduction of the Request/Application of WAEC Statement/Attestation of Results was due to the large number of complaints/request from individuals who either Lost or Misplaced their Original WAEC Certificates which was earlier issued to them.Due to the fact that board where mandated by law not issue Certificates Twice, the Statement of Result/Attestation now serves as a replacement to the WAEC Original Certificates.
NOTE: The West African Examinations Council does not issue duplicate certificates.
The Council, however, now issues Attestation of Results which are as valid as the certificate. Users who wish could confirm the details on the document with the Council.
Attestation of Results are issued to individual candidates or persons for their possession.
- Your Name (in full as used in the examination)
- The Name, Month and Year of Examination
- Your Index Number
- Passport photograph.
- A valid identification document.
Individuals who are victim of lost, stolen, or burnt WAEC Original Certificate can now apply for the WAEC Statement/Attestation of Results by following the guidelines below:
WAEC Statement / Attestation of Result Application Requirements and Guidelines
To apply for the WAEC Statement / Attestation of Results individual candidates must be able to provide the following:
- Letter of application; with the Title : “WAEC STATEMENT / ATTESTATION OF RESULT REQUEST“
- Police report on lost or damaged certificate;
- Photocopy of lost or damaged certificate;
- Two recent passport-sized photos of the candidate;
- Sworn Affidavit for collection of Attestation of Result;
- Administrative fee of N20, 000.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Write a simple and short letter to the West African Examination Council with the title given below:
- Enclosed the letter in an envelope with the requirements given above.
- Kindly visit or mail the letter to the State WAEC Office where you sat for the examination for it to be processed.
- See Full List of WAEC State/Zonal Offices here.
Processing of the Statement of Result/ Attestation begins 2 weeks after letter has been received and approved.
DISCLAIMER: This’s to inform candidates that WAEC have not engaged a consultancy firm/contractor to handle Confirmation of Results to WES. If you have such requests, pls don’t just come to our office, ensure you enter our office & apply. Don’t patronise touts.