The global coronavirus which emerged in Wuhan, China, and has spread throughout the World, causing a pandemic has claimed 103 lives, the Ghana Health Service has reported.
According to the Ghana Health Service, the country has recorded 361 new COVID-19 cases bringing the total confirmed cases to 15,834 with 3,976 active cases and 11,755 recoveries.
Information gathered by Georgeweb.org from the Health Service website indicates that the Greater Accra region is Ghana’s coronavirus leader with a total of 9,070 cases followed by Greater Kumasi with a gradual increment of 3,161. The Western region has also recorded 1,276 cases.
The Bono region has the lowest coronavirus cases, the region has recorded 4 case followed by the North East region with 4 cases.
The report additionally indicates that males in Ghana are easily infected with the virus than females, according to the gender distribution 59 percent of the novel coronavirus cases are males whilst the remaining 41 percent are females.