How CSSPS Placement Portal Works, Note that the CSSPS Placement Portal is still under maintenance. However, according to the Ghana Education Service (GES), the Placement portal will be opened on the evening of Sunday 8th September 2019.
On Sunday by 6 pm you can now proceed to check your school placement.
Also, take note of the resumption dates stated below;
- 1st year Green and single Track will go to school on the 15th of September 2019.
- 1st year Gold will also return on the 12th of November 2019.
How Does the CSSPS Placement Portal Works?
- 0.1 How Does the CSSPS Placement Portal Works?
- 0.2 School Placement
- 0.3 Automatic Placement System (APS)
- 0.4 Is the Automatic Placement System (APS) Fair?
- 1 Are all Qualified Students Automatically Placed?
We will be explaining the working procedures of the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) portal.
The CSSPS placement collects data of all Ghana students who took part in the BECE Exam and aggregate them into a ranked list.
The system uses a candidate’s aggregate scores from 6 subjects for the selection process.
Thus, English Language, Mathematics Social Studies and best two elective subject
Automatic Placement System (APS)
After students have been ranked by their BECE performance, the Automatic Placement System takes charge and places students into the Secondary school of their choice.
This placement is based on Programs and Residential vacancies in various Senior High Schools, and most importantly on the performance of students in the Exams.
Is the Automatic Placement System (APS) Fair?
The answer is YES.
The entire system was designed to place importance on the merits of the students’ performance in the examination and the availability of vacancies in the selected school.
Are all Qualified Students Automatically Placed?
The answer is NO.
This is because students who missed out on their five selected schools based on their performance will have to do a “Self Placement”.
What is Self Placement?
Self-placement is the manual process that allows candidates who do not get any of their choices an opportunity to select among the available schools with vacancies.
How to Pay for Your Placement E-Voucher?
To buy a voucher for placement, follow the procedures below. Importantly, you cannot check your school placement without the e-voucher.
NOTE: You are not expected to send money to anyone to helo you obtain an e-voucher. Only pass through the GES recommended channel to get your voucher.
- Visit the CSSPS website www.cssps.org or cssps.gov.gh.
- Follow the instructions on the page
- Make payment by choosing your mobile wallet and make a payment for your e-voucher.
NOTE: Each e-voucher cost 5GHC and can be used an unlimited number of times by a single student.
How to Do Self Placement
If you have not been placed automatically, simply follow the steps below for your self-placement.
- Visit CSSPS website: www.cssps.org or www.cssps.gov.gh
- Select check placement module on the page to continue the process
- Provide your e-voucher PIN and Index Number (i.e after successful purchase in the steps above) and click on enter
- You’ll be redirected to the self-placement module.
Here, you’ll be provided with a selection of schools to pick from based on your aggregate. Choose your desired school as well as your residential preference (day/boarding).
- Finally, click on Confirm and print changes.