WAEC has already started the 2020 Nov/Dec registration under the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates. Here are comprehensive WAEC Registration Procedures for Nov/Dec 2020 and how to register for the WAEC examination.
The WASSCE private registration is usually done online at the Internet Cafe, However, only private candidates are eligible to register for the examination according to WAEC.
Please kindly follow the steps below to successfully complete the WAEC registration procedures. We entreat you to go through these steps carefully, just to be sure you have all the necessary details before you proceed with submitting the application to WAEC.
WAEC Registration Procedures for Nov/Dec 2020
- 1 WAEC Registration Procedures for Nov/Dec 2020
- 2 Create a Profile
- 3 BIOMETRIC REGISTRATION
- 4 WAEC Examination Centre and Subject Information for Nov/Dec
- 5 Photo for WAEC Registration
- 6 Penalty
- 7 Printing of confirmation page
- 8 The date for the Examination
- 9 WAEC Registration Period
- 10 NOV/DEC Contact Numbers in Ghana
Create a Profile
Visit the WAEC Official Website
Begin the registration by creating a profile for yourself using a valid email address and password. eg email@example.com, Your provided email address, and password will be used for subsequent logins.
On successful login or profile creation, you will be directed to the Registration Page.
Candidates are required to enter their SURNAME first, followed by the FIRST name and then MIDDLE NAME (if any). You are also required to enter your personal information which includes:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Postal Address
Note that your name must not be more than 40 characters. This includes spaces between the first name, last name, and initials.
Your postal address must not be more than 60 characters, including spaces.
Prospective candidates are to follow the steps below to register:
(1) Candidates are required to capture their fingerprints at designated internet cafés to
commence registration. The list of designated internet cafés can be obtained on the
WAEC website, www.waecgh.org
(2) Open the registration website: www.waecgh.org
(3) Select link to WASSCE for Private Candidates
(4) Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
(5) Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
(6) Fill in your personal information.
(7) Upload your picture. (See 10 for details)
(8) Upload your signature.
(9) Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
(10) Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
(11) Print your voucher and send it to any of the banks listed in 17.
(12) Pay the appropriate fees at the bank or by visa card ONLINE.
(13) You will use your PIN/Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission
Notice from 5th August 2020.
WAEC Examination Centre and Subject Information for Nov/Dec
In addition to Personal Information, you will be required to supply Centre and Subject Information
Select the region and centre at which you wish to write the examination. The exact venue will be assigned to you later.
Select the subjects you wish to register for the examination. Please note that the maximum number of subjects allowed is 8.
Photo for WAEC Registration
You will be required to upload your scanned recent passport size photograph and signature. Please make sure the signature you give is the one you usually use.
The dimensions of the scanned photograph should be between 160pixels (Width) by 200pixels (Height). The dimensions of the scanned signature should be between 250pixels (Width) by 150pixels (Height).
On completion of the Registration Form, Click on the Preview button to preview your form.
Finally, on click of the Submit button, the system will complete the registration process and generate an Invoice showing amount due. You are required to print this invoice and take it to the bank for payment.
After payment must have been made at the bank, Candidates wishing to change their Biodata and or add more subjects are required to use the Penalty module to do so.
To use this module, follow these steps:
- Login with email and password, select Penalty Type.
- Make the required modification and submit following the same process as outlined in Fresh Registration above.
- An invoice for the modification will be generated for candidates to print and take to the bank for payment
Please note that these modifications will not be affected in the system unless payment is made at the bank.
Printing of confirmation page
Candidates are required to visit this site for the printing of Confirmation Page after making payment at the bank.
The date for the Examination
The examination is scheduled to start on Monday, 27th July 2020 and end on Wednesday,
30th September 2020. The Timetable can be accessed by clicking on the Timetable icon
on the registration website. Candidates are advised to study the Timetable carefully in order to avoid a clash of subjects.
NOTE: English Language 3 (Oral) is scheduled for Friday, 4th September 2020
WAEC Registration Period
The schedule for the receipt of entries is as follows:
- 10th February – 7th April 2020 (16.00 GMT) Registration and payment
- 8th – 22nd April 2020: Payment for normal registration only
- 1st May – 31st May 2020, Penalty Period Registration
NOV/DEC Contact Numbers in Ghana
These are numbers for each region in Ghana where you can call and ask questions or make inquiries relating to NOV/DEC exams in Ghana.
GREATER ACCRA REGION
Private Candidates’ Examination Administration Department (PCEAD)
(Examination Loop, near Ridge Hospital)
The WAEC Branch Office, Kumasi
(Near KTI, Amakom)
The WAEC Branch Office, Sekondi
(Adjacent to the Sekondi Anglican Cathedral)
The WAEC Branch Office, Cape Coast
The WAEC Branch Office, Ho
(Opposite Roads and Highways Office)
The WAEC Branch Office, Koforidua
(Old Estate, Nsukwao)
BONO/BONO EAST/AHAFO REGION
The WAEC Branch Office, Sunyani
(Behind Ghana Legion & Municipal Assembly Offices)
The WAEC Branch Office, Tamale
(Adjacent to GNAT Hostel)
UPPER EAST REGION
The WAEC Branch Office, Bolgatanga
(SOE Residential Area, near Catering Rest House)
UPPER WEST REGION
The WAEC Branch Office, Wa
(behind Dept of Feeder Roads, Chako)