One of the common questions asked by many Ghanaians is how do I join the Ghana Police Service? So, in this guide, I will show you what it takes to join the Ghana Police Service either as a professional, graduate or with your WAEC.
As an applicant, you can only apply to join the Ghana Police Service when the recruitment form is out. Also, you need to meet the minimum entry requirements to join the Ghana Police Service.
There are generally four categories of the¬†Ghana Police Service recruitment. So, no matter the level of your education qualification, you should fit in any of those.
Each of these categories has its own entry requirements. So, to check your eligibility, visit any of your interested category above for more information.
Ghana Police Recruitment Eligibility
In addition to the specific requirements for a specific category listed above, all applicants must satisfy these requirements.
- Applicant must be a Ghanaian
- be of good character and without a criminal record
- not have been dismissed from any public service or any other employment
- Applicant must not be more than the age stated for a specific category.
- be at least 5 feet 8 inches (173cm) tall for males and 5 feet 4 inches (163CM) for females
- be physically and medically fit by Ghana Police Service standards
- Applicant must be able to speak and write in fluent English Language
- be knowledgeable in basic computer application
- have an active e-mail account and mobile phone number
- Applicant must be ready to undergo basic Police training and other forms of training
Ghana Police Service Recruitment Academic Qualification¬†
In addition to the above-stated requirements, applicants are also expected to meet some certain academic requirements before joining the Ghana Police Service.
All applications must possess a minimum academic qualification of Six  credits [A1 ‚Äď C6] at WASSCE, including English language and Mathematics.
NOTE the following:
Before you got through the step by step process on how to join the Ghana Police Service, you need to take note of the following.
- The Ghana Police Recruitment process is strictly online.
- Discard any person or organization seeking money to be enlisted into the Ghana Police Service. The Ghana Police Service will NEVER contact you to pay money to join the service.
- The only means of communication between an applicant and the Ghana Police Service is via email, so you must check your email frequently.
- Do not submit more than one application. You risk getting yourself disqualified from the recruitment process.
How to Apply for Ghana Police Service Recruitment
As earlier stated, you can only join the Ghana Police Service once the recruitment exercise has commenced.
Step One (1):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Purchase of Voucher
Purchase a Voucher from any¬†Ghana Commercial¬†Bank¬†(GCB) branch for Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¬Ę 50.00).
- Provide official names, date of birth, active email address and mobile¬†phone number to the bank as part of the purchase.
- The applicant shall maintain the same details throughout the application process and training. The purchased Voucher is not transferable;
Step Two (2):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Online Application Portal
Having purchased a Voucher, the Applicant should log on to the online recruitment portal at¬†https://police.gov.gh.services¬†with these recommended browsers;¬†(1)¬†Mozilla Firefox¬†(2)¬†Google Chrome¬†or (3)¬†Internet Explorer.
Step Three (3): Ghana Police Recruitment Online Application Details
A page will open, which will require the Applicant to¬†CONFIRM VOUCHER¬†or¬†SIGN IN. Click on¬†CONFIRM VOUCHER, a new page will open, which will require you to answer a few questions leading to the creation of account.
This is how to create an account:
i. enter the email address used in purchasing the Voucher;
ii. pick or choose any password which will be known to you alone and which you can remember;
iii. confirm the password; and
iv. verify the Voucher purchased by entering the¬†Serial Number and¬†PIN.
Step Four (4):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Confirming Pin and Serial Number
Enter serial and pin and CONFIRM.
Step Five (5):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Creating of Profile
Create a profile. To create a profile, enter your personal details such as your name, date of birth, age, height, nationality, etc
Step Six (6):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Choosing Your Category
Choose a category of your choice.
Step Seven (7): Ghana Police Recruitment Upload Your Educational Background
Enter your educational background details
Step Eight (8):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Upload Your Passport.
Upload a passport picture of yourself.
Step Nine (9):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Reviewing Your Data
Applicant should ensure that all information submitted¬†is accurate. Review your information on the summary page¬†by reading through the summary page carefully. Click¬†on the¬†EDIT¬†button if there are any changes to be made.
You may also¬†SAVE¬†your entries by clicking on the¬†NEXT¬†button.¬†If you want to return to the page later to edit or continue with the entries, click on the¬†LOG OUT¬†button, or submit your application.
Step Ten (10):¬†Ghana Police Recruitment Submitting Your Application
Submit your application by clicking on the¬†GENERATE YOUR DECISION¬†button to complete the first stage of the application process.
Once the¬†GENERATE YOUR DECISION¬†button is clicked, you cannot make any changes to the Application Form. The decision on the Application will show on the screen either¬†as¬†QUALIFIED¬†for an Applicant who has qualified for the next stage of the application process.¬†NOT QUALIFIED¬†menas an Applicant who has been disqualified.
The reasons for disqualification will be displayed on the page. Print and keep a copy of the generated report as you will be required to present it at the next stage of physical screening. An instant message will be sent to you by e-mail and text message, which reveals a tracking number for Qualified Applicants.
Note:¬†If you are not qualified,¬†you may purchase a new voucher¬†and try a new category.
Stages of the Ghana Police Service Recruitment Process
1. After online application, applicants who meet the initial requirements will be shortlisted and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. At recruitment centres, there should be a. Body examination and selection b. Examination and inspection of academic and personal documents
3. Successful candidates in  above shall be made to write an aptitude test
4. Candidates who pass the aptitude test will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Then there shall be a medical examination for successful applicants.
6. The final stage of the processes is an invitation to commence training.
For more information, visit the official Ghana Police Service page.