KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2020 is now open. Our goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who would influence change on the African Continent. “Join the family of ethical and transformational leaders now
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders.
The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholarâ€™s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
For the 2020/2021 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants withÂ WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE Oâ€™Level and Aâ€™Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUSTâ€™s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicantâ€™s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared toÂ Go-Back and Give-BackÂ to his or her Community.
The Scholarship package includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation, and a monthly stipend).
- Counseling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholarsâ€™ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoringÂ (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
How to Apply:
Download a copy of the 2020/2021 application form (Here!).
- Submit the completed application formÂ THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
â„… Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
Deadline for the Submission of Applications: Friday, 1st May 2020 at 17:00GMT
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for Both Oâ€™Level and Aâ€™Level results or their equivalent.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviewsÂ which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice-Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Please Note Well:
- There areÂ absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries RequiredÂ at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
- The decisions of theÂ Selection Committee also constituted by the Vice-Chancellor are Final.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should beÂ Active at all timesÂ to receive critical information on their application.
- For furtherÂ inquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975Â or email us atÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ orÂ email@example.com
- Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants when necessary.
- Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Programâ€™sÂ website